Monday, October 25, 2010

The Diet Begins

After a fun weekend of relaxing with my boys, eating junk food like McDonald's and chips, me and my husband looked in the mirror comparing our belly fat. My belly fat was loose (from having 2 babies) and his was all around. "We are starting the diet tomorrow" we decided at the same time! That same night, as I leaned over my eldest son's bed to kiss him (also leaning over my husband who was cuddling with our son)  the bed made a big POP sound. Our enormous bellies and junk food habit had finally broken the bed! Sigh.

So today, for all of my blog friends, in the style of Bridget Jones I am starting a diet! Why would someone subject themselves to this humiliation and public scrutiny???.... cause its the only way that I am going to stick to it!

This morning I stood on the scale to see a horrible sight..... 156 lbs! My goal by the new year (taking in to consideration that I will eat at Christmas) is 140 lbs. Fruits, Veggies, Lean Proteins, Whole Grains and much less sugar is how I am going to lose it. Walking to and from the Superstore, walking 4 nights a week on my treadmill, and cleaning and organizing my house is how I am going to tone it. And, wearing all my size 10 pants (currently I fit in 12-14) so that I feel fat and unhappy with myself, is how I am going to feel it.

So please, be patient with me. I may not be as happy and full of rainbows and sunshine like you are used to..... but this will only lead me to a happier and healthier Kim.

And so it begins.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I'm sure you're going to do great :)

    Just going off the gluten is making my pounds come off. I guess my body really hates wheat, or something. Sad :( I haven't dropped a significant enough amount of carbs for it to be that... But whatever works, right?

    ReplyDelete