Monday, November 15, 2010

Do I... Don't I?

We have been trying for a third baby for almost 2 years now. We never thought it was going to take this long at all! When we decided to start having babies, we got pregnant with Noah within 3 months. Max was a delightful surprise as a result of antibiotics rendering my birth control pills null. So when we got back from a trip to Florida in 2009, we decided it was the perfect time to start for a third. I thought we would be pregnant immediately. Every month that went by after that, I kept thinking that the tiniest ailments were due to a possible pregnancy. After almost 2 years of trying, and several doctors visits.... turns out its not going to happen so easily this time.

First, I now have hypothryroidism. This means I am overweight, take a daily pill, and have decreased my chances of having a baby by 75%. Second, I have scarring on my fallopian tubes caused by an infection post c-section with Max. Doctor says my chances of having a baby without intervention is pretty slim.

I have been hoping and praying to have another baby for what seems like an eternity! My Max is no longer a baby (he turns 3 soon!) and life is getting much easier at home. I can tell the boys to go downstairs and play together to give Mommy a break. I don't have the "neediness" of a toddler anymore, so my hands are free to get much more done around the house. So this begs the question..... do I.... or don't I?

Should I leave this easier lifestyle as is, with 2 wonderful healthy boys? Or should I keep trying for the little girl I have always dreamed of having (and I know there's no guarantee that monkey #3 would be a girl!)?

Do I continue running a home daycare with babies ruining my home and sanity? Do I send Max off to school next year and have the choice of leaving the house and making real money again? Or, do I keep trying to fulfill this selfish hope of having a Mini Kimmy to dress up and call "Mommies Girl".

Things were so much easier back when babies came so easily to me!

BTW: The diet lasted 3 days and I went the other way and gained 3 lbs! Oops.

1 comment:

  1. Kimmy,
    its hard to say what you should do, I don't want to give you bad advice but since you seem to have posed the question I will tell you what I think.

    Continue on with you're "easy life". Get out there and start "making real money" and keep on trying for a third the natural way. If it happens it happens for a reason, if it doesn't that means it wasn't meant to be. Do something for yourself, getting out of the house is very important and when you know you're contributing money just like your hubby you'll feel great. At least thats what I think...

    ReplyDelete