Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Get Him Drunk... & Go Shopping!

So it was a night like any other. My husband got home late, had his supper (reheated in the microwave as usual!), and helped put the boys to bed. He came downstairs and said he felt like having a rye and coke. Now, my husband is not much of an every day kind of drinker, more of an occasional drinker when company comes over. Not to say he doesn't over drink....cause he does.... but he certainly does not drink all that often. So, he poured himself one drink, said how much it felt like Christmas because this was his "Christmas" drink of choice, and decided to have another.

Next thing I know, he has downed half the bottle. At this point, he is blabbing on about how much his work buddies are going to love me at the Christmas party next weekend,  telling me how sexy I am, and going on and on about how we should get the boys all the things they want for Christmas because his parents "gipped" him big time!

So, what does any good wife do when her husband tells her he wants to spend money..... jump on the computer and start looking for what to bye online while he's still tipsie! We bought the boys new bed sheets, bean bag chairs and a surprise Christmas "outfit" for the whole family. This was the first time he has ever bought online, where as I am an old pro, so he was thrilled at how things come right to the door and we don't need to leave the house!

The next morning he said to me "Can you believe what we bought?"...... I most certainly can.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha!! You're brilliant, Kim!

    Where did you get the beanbag chairs? I want to buy a couple, but I haven't found any places that delivery in Canada :/

    ReplyDelete